Re: [BCD396XT] scanners

  • John
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 25, 2011
      I'd disagree, here the 106 couldn't decode MECA very well even in the city
      limits, wouldn't even hear the CC most of the time at home while the 396XT
      and HP-1 both decoded it fine at home. I tried it with several antennas,
      inside and out, even on two outside antennas and the only one that it
      actually could receive the CC on was a 70' high discone and it still only
      had one bar while the 396XT with the same 1 bar decoded the system fine and
      the HP-1 had 2 bars and excellent decode. The HP-1 typically does better on
      800 and decode of digital better than anything out now.
      Just an fyi all three radios were connected to the antenna through a DLI
      multicoupler (16 channel)

      On the other hand if you are mainly monitoring 700/800 MHz area the 106
      does very well in this area and cannot be beat in digital decoding. And I do
      have a copy of test ran on a variety radios that confirm this as well.
    • dataman60435
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 26, 2011
        I do like my GRE/RS scanners but also like the above post here on the ILL-700/800 Digital Starcom statewide system my 396XT decodes the system great almost everywhere in my home with a RS rubber duck but i cannot find a good spot anywhere to get a good constant signal on my GRE500 using the same antenna...They (GRE) advertized the 500 as the best decoding scanner but here in my area its not true, maybe other locations are better....