RE: [BCD396XT] P25 Trunking questions

  • David Johnson
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 22, 2011
      I have a similar problem. The NSW GRN covers a huge geographic area. My
      local control channel is Razorback, but I can also pick up Wollongong when I
      use the antenna on the roof of the house. I receive very few transmissions.
      The reason for this is there must be a member of the talk group logged into
      my control channel site. Sydney Ambulance North users will never be
      anywhere near my local site, so I don't hear any of their transmissions. My
      preferred channel is RailCorp Security 4, but I only get them about 50% of
      the time, depending on whether any transits are logged on in my area. If I
      change the control channel to Wollongong, I can get more of their
      transmissions, as there is more often someone from that talk group logged in
      there.