BC 396xt

  • kc8vpx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16 3:43 PM
      Howdy,

      New owner of the BCD396xt. Was curous if a custom frequency list can be installed to this scanner and if anyone has built one for michigan? How do you rate this scanner compared to the PSR500 and PSR800?

      Thanks.
    • John
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 16 4:20 PM
        Try FreeScan from scannow.org as the name implies it's free but donations to
        the author are accepted. Also there is BCTool

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17 12:58 PM
          I don't own the PSR800 but i have a GRE500 and a Uniden 396XT, here in ILL on the ILL-Starcom 700/800 Statewide system my Uniden 396XT out performs the GRE500 by far...The GRE500 sits there and cannot handle the towers on a multi-site Chicago area systems but the Uniden 396XT decodes 98% of the traffic...Its one of the best scanners i have owned in my 40 years scanning....As far as the other "post" on here i have "STARCOM" programmed two ways, the whole system is in SYSTEM QK-28, the towers near my location are programmed seperatly in other SQK's as UPMAN mentioned in his post....