Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Battery life question

  • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
    Message 1 of 38 , Jun 27, 2011
      At 03:45 PM 6/27/2011, you wrote:
      >I think we would loose the amazing small size of the 396XT if it
      >had an intelligent charger section on the PC board. I like the form
      >factor of
      >this radio. I could not compare the Kenwood to the 396XT. They were designed
      >for different purposes...
      >
      >I don't agree they start out with the same baseline. The 396XT will
      >decode digital,
      >capture near field signals, and can sweep the spectrum looking for
      >RF peaks above the
      >noise floor.

      Well, the scanner is about the same size as my Icom HT. The Icom
      receives and TRANSMITS digital (D-STAR, rather than P25 though :) ),
      and can receive from 500 kHz to 1300 MHz. However, the Uniden has
      the P25, close call and the sheer number of memories that I bought it
      for. Horses for courses.

      73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
      http://vkradio.com
    • Tony Langdon, VK3JED