Extended Warranties

  • Derek Helling
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2011
      I have never purchased extended warranties for anything and am way ahead, because I have never had a situation where an extended warranty would have been beneficial.  Essentially I am self insuring, saving all those premiums in my bank account in case I have to replace/repair something.
      I purchase major items using my American Express card which adds a free extension (one year I think) to the manufacturers warranty - never used that either.
      I am very wary of the extended warranty industry which some bad apples have given a bad reputation. We had a case here in St. Louis recently where the company's policy was to deny valid claims while the owners .