Re: [BCD396XT] Create a "Favorites" group during a big event

    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2011
      Yes, you can do that, but there is a setting you need to make so the
      scanner does not see the TG disabled in other Groups and skip it. I
      forget the exact setting offhand, but once you do that the scanner will
      scan any TG enabled in any list - even if it is disabled in another list.

      Joe M.

      atterberg2088 wrote:
      > Is it possible to create a favorites group from talkgroups that are currently programmed to different group quick keys within the same system?
      >
      > For example, here in Salt Lake the fire/ems service to the mlultiple suburb cites is provided by the Metro Fire Agency. I have their 5-6 TG's in their own quick key. For police, I have the city pd's dispatch, car to car, tac, etc programmed into various quick keys.
      >
      > During a major event, I would like to be able to grab the fire response TG, the applicable PD TG and whatever else (Medivac, tactical, etc.) and pull them all into one "reserved" quick key that I could scan without having to lock out everything else.
      >
      > The trouble is that the combinations of TG's is numerous. Otherwise, I would just program in the most likely combos and call it good.
      >
      > Anyone have any ideas?
      >
      > Thanks!

    • ctg4074
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 4, 2011
        --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "atterberg2088" <wqjf348@...> wrote:

        > Is it possible to create a favorites group from talkgroups that are currently programmed to different group quick keys within the same system?
        >
        > For example, here in Salt Lake the fire/ems service to the mlultiple suburb cites is provided by the Metro Fire Agency. I have their 5-6 TG's in their own quick key. For police, I have the city pd's dispatch, car to car, tac, etc programmed into various quick keys.
        >
        > During a major event, I would like to be able to grab the fire response TG, the applicable PD TG and whatever else (Medivac, tactical, etc.) and pull them all into one "reserved" quick key that I could scan without having to lock out everything else.
        >
        > The trouble is that the combinations of TG's is numerous. Otherwise, I would just program in the most likely combos and call it good.
        >
        > Anyone have any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks!

        You can't really do what you want for a specific group within a system, but you can do it for a system itself. The easiest way to do what you want would be to create a "big event" system (essentially a duplicate system, with the same CC/frequencies) that contains only the TGIDs that you want in your "big event" / "favorites" list.

        To access only that system without having to to disable any other quick keys; There are two ways to do it.

        1) Use the "system hold" feature to temporarily 'lock' the scanner onto that system.

        2) Use the startup key feature to enable only that system by default when you turn the scanner on.