Re: [BCD396XT] Group Lockout Question...

    Message 1 of 10 , May 2 8:42 PM
      Can you explain this in another way perhaps?

      I got lost on, "program one channel in each system

      > that is in a group all to itself and has NO Group Quick Key"

      No group quick key?

      Thanks for your suggestion...

      -Lance

    • Jim Walls
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2 10:05 PM
        On 5/2/2011 8:42 PM, Lance wrote:
        > Can you explain this in another way perhaps?

        Sure. Best way is to use an example. For this example I have a system
        for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept. In that system I have 8
        groups which have Group Quick Keys 1 - 8. I also create a 9th group
        which has NO Group Quick Key and has only one channel programmed. I
        call that 9th group "Keep alive" and I name the one channel in that
        group "Keep alive". The frequency programmed in 500.025 with some DPL
        on receive. Since that is the bottom of TV channel 19 which happens not
        to be used for TV here in Los Angeles, the squelch will never open on
        the Keep alive channel.

        If I turn off all the Group Quick Keys, the "Keep alive" group will
        still be active so therefore the rest of the groups can be turned back
        on easily.

        In case you have not figured it out, I ONLY use System Quick Keys to
        turn systems on and off, and ONLY use Group Quick Keys to turn groups on
        and off.

        --
        73
        -------------------------------------
        Message 3 of 10 , May 2 11:00 PM
          I gotta ask, Jim. If you have that single channel, that will keep the
          System 'alive', but how do you then get back to it to re-enable a GQK,
          as a single channel will scan extremely fast.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 10 , May 2 11:40 PM
            I get it now, good explanation.

            Thanks for that. Interesting solution you came up with...

            Message 5 of 10 , May 2 11:41 PM
              Doesn't seem like that would be an issue.

              Guess I will try this see how the radio behaves...

              Message 6 of 10 , May 2 11:51 PM
                Just did your method, works great...

                Thanks.