Group Lockout Question...

    Message 1 of 10 , May 2, 2011
      I had two groups scanning under a system the other day and in disabling one, I then disabled the other.

      I was not able to bring the groups back up again. I went and unlocked them, but had no luck. Had to use

      FreeScan to fix the problem.

      So, if I inadvertently do this again in the future, how does one bring the groups back without using software.

      Thank You.
    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 10 , May 2, 2011
        F+Scroll to the system. While F is still activated, press the group quick key.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 10 , May 2, 2011
          Just tried it. Very good to know!

          Thanks again Paul,

          -Lance

          On May 2, 2011, at 1:44 PM, Paul Opitz wrote:

          > F+Scroll to the system. While F is still activated, press the group quick key.
          >
          > ________________________________

        • Jim Walls
          Message 4 of 10 , May 2, 2011
            On 5/2/2011 1:30 PM, Lance wrote:
            > I had two groups scanning under a system the other day and in disabling one, I then disabled the other.
            >
            > I was not able to bring the groups back up again. I went and unlocked them, but had no luck. Had to use
            >
            > FreeScan to fix the problem.
            >
            > So, if I inadvertently do this again in the future, how does one bring the groups back without using software.

            My solution to this problem is to program one channel in each system
            that is in a group all to itself and has NO Group Quick Key. The
            channel is set to NEVER hear anything. The result is that under no
            circumstances will every group in the system be locked out and
            therefore, it's easy to bring the desired groups back.
            I found this MUCH easier then having to remember how to do the procedure
            (or to do it while driving).

            --
            73
            -------------------------------------
            Message 5 of 10 , May 2, 2011
              Can you explain this in another way perhaps?

              I got lost on, "program one channel in each system

              > that is in a group all to itself and has NO Group Quick Key"

              No group quick key?

              Thanks for your suggestion...

              -Lance

            • Jim Walls
              Message 6 of 10 , May 2, 2011
                On 5/2/2011 8:42 PM, Lance wrote:
                > Can you explain this in another way perhaps?

                Sure. Best way is to use an example. For this example I have a system
                for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept. In that system I have 8
                groups which have Group Quick Keys 1 - 8. I also create a 9th group
                which has NO Group Quick Key and has only one channel programmed. I
                call that 9th group "Keep alive" and I name the one channel in that
                group "Keep alive". The frequency programmed in 500.025 with some DPL
                on receive. Since that is the bottom of TV channel 19 which happens not
                to be used for TV here in Los Angeles, the squelch will never open on
                the Keep alive channel.

                If I turn off all the Group Quick Keys, the "Keep alive" group will
                still be active so therefore the rest of the groups can be turned back
                on easily.

                In case you have not figured it out, I ONLY use System Quick Keys to
                turn systems on and off, and ONLY use Group Quick Keys to turn groups on
                and off.

                --
                73
                -------------------------------------
                Message 7 of 10 , May 2, 2011
                  I gotta ask, Jim. If you have that single channel, that will keep the
                  System 'alive', but how do you then get back to it to re-enable a GQK,
                  as a single channel will scan extremely fast.

                  Joe M.

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 2, 2011
                    I get it now, good explanation.

                    Thanks for that. Interesting solution you came up with...

                    Message 9 of 10 , May 2, 2011
                      Doesn't seem like that would be an issue.

                      Guess I will try this see how the radio behaves...

                      Message 10 of 10 , May 2, 2011
                        Just did your method, works great...

                        Thanks.