New member

  • trainman
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2 6:17 AM
      Hi everyone, new member from Australia.

      I've had my 396XT for a few weeks now, and have been using it, and programming it. Great little unit.

      One question that is bugging me, and I was hoping you people might be able to help out:

      I have the NSW GRN (APCO25 trunked) programmed, and when it is scanning or searching, every few seconds the display flashes Close Call. Close Call is turned off (confirmed by transmitting next to it), and I suspect that it is scanning previously saved Close Call hits. I have assigned a Quick Key to Close Call and turned it off while scanning, but it still keeps happening. Any ideas?

      Thanks.
    • Paul Opitz
      Message 2 of 3 , May 2 9:19 AM
        At some point you've run Close Call Auto Store. Hits discovered in this mode are
        stored in a system named as you see. To stop scanning those hits, you need to
        delete the system, assign a SQK to the system then disable that SQK, or lockout
        the system.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 11:27 PM
          Thanks Paul. Yes, I did experiment with the Close Call Auto Store once. I got rid of it by erasing all info from the scanner when uploading from FreeScan.