PC Connection

  • thracyv
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28 8:56 AM
      This is a real dumb question; but I have not been able to set up my bcd to my computer; I am not sure what seting to set my scanner to accept the connection-
    • Clark Rennie
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28 9:49 AM
        To assist you, we need a lot more information.
        What software program are you using ?
        What cable are you using ?
        USB or Serial port ?
        Baud rate ?

        Clark

        At 08:56 AM 4/28/2011, you wrote:

        >This is a real dumb question; but I have not been able to set up my bcd to
        >my computer; I am not sure what seting to set my scanner to accept the
        >connection-
      • Tony Langdon, VK3JED
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28 1:51 PM
          At 01:56 AM 4/29/2011, you wrote:
          >This is a real dumb question; but I have not been able to set up my
          >bcd to my computer; I am not sure what seting to set my scanner to
          >accept the connection-

          We certainly need a lot more specifics about your setup. However,
          for the record, I installed Freescan on an old laptop, set it up to
          communicate at 115.2 kbps and it had no problems finding my scanner
          (you could say "it just worked" - I don't recall setting anything on
          the scanner end). I've been able to program the systems that I
          monitor, which are basically fire (as I'm a volunteer firefighter),
          CB and ham radio.

          73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
          http://vkradio.com