Re: [BCD396XT] Re: marine AIS and BCD396XT

  • johnstark
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 15, 2011
      To rephrase this a bit, it's not illegal to receive it, it is however
      illegal to decode pagers, MDT's and so forth. It is illegal to monitor
      things like cordless phones even though they are in the clear. I'm still at
      a loss why the OP openly admits in a public forum
      to decoding this stuff, that's Federal Time! There are however provisions
      for law enforcement to be able to monitor these transmissions for
      investigations but that's the ONLY exception to the law.

      Message 41 of 41 , Apr 18, 2011
        UPMan,

        "Smoke Signals.."

        Very funny...