Re: Mini Adapter Null Modem for BCD396XT

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23, 2011
      Pin 9 would be the likely missing pin in an RS232 null modem connection (at least that's the missing one on all of my null modem adapters). It's almost never used except with an actual modem (it's the Ring Indicator that lets a modem tell the computer the phone is ringing), just pins 1-8. The minimum three pins needed for communication are pins 2 (receive), 3 (transmit), and 5 (ground).