Re: [BCD396XT] Re: X2-TDMA (Future P25 Phase II) Support

    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 15, 2011
      I could not have said it better myself.
      You hit the nail absolutely square on the head.

      And I do thank Bob/Yuni for the civil discussion. For that matter, I
      thank everyone save one person who felt attacking was the best course.
      I'm not going to 'fire back', but I would ask the list members to think
      about who was more arrogant in that matter.

      It was GREAT to have a civil discussion about a heated topic that did
      not turn into a flame-fest.

      Yes, Bob/Yuni and I still disagree, but that's OK, as it WAS the
      discussion that was beneficial to most list members. As for who is
      right, I'll let everyone make up their own mind on that. That's just the
      kind of arrogant SOB I am. ;->

      Joe M.

      Robert Klamp wrote:
      > I dont think anyone was being arrogant just two people stating the facts as they see them. Not everybody looks at a particular picture and sees the same thing. I take the discussion that was going on and that's what it was, a discussion. As a good opportunity for alot of knowledge to reach people who know nothing about these things. Nobody knows what the final specs are yet and nobody is using the equipment yet so I say let these two keep discussing this at length because when people do start using the tdma systems and equipment what was right will be right but we will all have a idea of how it works thanks to the two gentleman that were discussing it. They were educating people on this board like my self who have very little knowledge about phase 2 radio systems. If you have been around this hobby and these forums for almost two decades now(your words not mine) you should already know that knowledge of these things is the only thing that keeps hobbyists as ourselves ahead
      of the curve when technology is changing. Maybe you know everything but I still have alot to learn and I dont think I would ever care to stop learning about something I enjoy as much as the ham radio and scanning hobbies. In twenty years there will be even more advanced systems than we are dealing with now and I sure hope that people are still having discussions like this then because when we all shut our mouths nobody learns anything.

      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 15, 2011
        Yeah. Don't know what happened to the formatting.