Re: [BCD396XT] FW: [StarCom21] Fwd: TRANSMISSION News - P25 Phase 2 Coming in August | New P25 Infrastructure Vendor

  • JETorres
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2011
      Yeah, I get those emails too. Some people keep getting mislead by the "these and that documents still not finished" thing. You know what, P25 Phase 1 STILL has many things unfinished. The ISSI part considered important and so awaited by many just got done recently too. Many things should've been completed on the P25 suite standard over 10 years ago! That does not mean what's done on the standard already cannot be used and it's been in use. ESPECIALLY for our scanning purposes, since we mostly care about the voice interface part. A comparable situation is with the ever developing 802.11 wireless standard, we've using it for how long and so many things still in "draft". Can you imagine if manufacturers would've taken the stance of some and cross their arms and say they're going to wait until is completed 100% to do anything about it?

      Phase 2 TDMA has been completed enough for our hobby's purpose to get going on it. And people and manufacturers that are still on the fence about it and not already planning, are going to play catch up soon....