Re: [BCD396XT] Re: X2-TDMA (Future P25 Phase II) Support

    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 14, 2011
      I suspect they anticipate that Phase II will be released by August.

      As for "we have a number of contracts for equipment for upgrades to
      Phase 2", I suspect these are the X2 TDMA systems they are talking
      about. They just can't say it's Phase II yet. There may be some minor
      changes needed, but they wanted to get the foot in the door on the
      contracts and "sell Phase II systems" before they could call them that.
      They did the same thing with P25 Phase I systems - promising to upgrade
      them to the P25 standard once it was released.

      As for them being committed to it, I'm sure they are.
      I never meant to imply they were not.

      It just seems too coincidental that Phase II will allow for a 2-slot
      TDMA scheme and X2 TDMA happens to be a 2-slot TDMA scheme.

      Joe M.

      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 15, 2011
        Yeah. Don't know what happened to the formatting.