Re: [BCD396XT] Re: X2-TDMA (Future P25 Phase II) Support

  • johnstark
    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 13 5:18 PM
      I think that's the whole issue Joe. Until there is a P25 APCO stamp on it
      it's neither compatable nor P25 capable under the P25 standards which
      includes compatability. I think Unidens doig the
      smart thing waiting until the specs are complete. Look at all the issues
      both GRE and Uniden had (and in some cases still have) with the P25 specs
      that are in use now. Scanners had a heck of a time on both MECA
      (Indianapolis) and still do in some cases. That system actually has 2 CC's
      operating at the same time, one for North of I-70 and the other South of
      I-70. that alone causes headaches for scanners, then throw in SIMULCASTING
      and it's even worse! The Statewide SAFET system had issues with severe
      motorboating. Uniden figured it out with the XT's and it's even better on
      the HP. the motorboating seems to mostly affect Simulcasting again, and it
      seems in the case of many sites the other issues is timing and/or reception.
      Honestly with the HP the only motorboating I get is on one site (Henry
      County) and when a site goes into site trunking. I haven't figured the
      latter one out yet though.
      anyway, my point is that Uniden's waiting for the specs to be completed
      instead of jumping into it headfirst should pay off in the long run with
      less "repair" work to get things going and make sure it works on all systems
      equaly...or as close as possible.

      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 15 7:44 AM
        Yeah. Don't know what happened to the formatting.