Re: [BCD396XT] Re: X2-TDMA (Future P25 Phase II) Support

    Message 1 of 46 , Mar 13, 2011
      Just because they have contracts to provide something does not mean the
      spec is complete. They had contracts to provide Phase I systems before
      the P25 spec was complete. They had to update the equipment to make sure
      it complied once the spec was finished (IF it did not already meet the
      spec). They sold many of the P25 systems that have P16 control channels
      as "P25 compliant systems".

      Their X2 TDMA solutions may well be Phase II compliant, but they cannot
      guarantee that yet. The best they can do is sell systems with the
      provision that they will be compliant with the Phase II spec once it's
      complete. Despite the fact they are Motorola, they do not always get
      their way with APCO standards. They wanted P25 to allow for 3600 baud
      control channels. That didn't happen.

      Another fact: Phase II will be TDMA *or* FDMA. GRE has been proven
      (let's accept the fact that it is for argument's sake) to work on X2
      TDMA systems. Will it work on X2 FDMA systems? There are no reports on
      that yet that I'm aware of. (and there may not be any such systems on
      the air yet)

      Joe M.

      Message 46 of 46 , Mar 15, 2011
        Yeah. Don't know what happened to the formatting.