Re: help needed using UBC-RH96 with BCD396XT

  • bigfella237
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2011
      Sorry to say but the US and Australian models of the remote head are only compatible with scanners from their respective countries, the firmware in each is different and can not be transferred between the two.

      Ebay is your friend!

      Andrew

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "dsa_sa_98" <oldone45@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I have a UBC-RH96 that came with the original UBCD996T but I now have the BCD996XT and BCD396XT which do not work with the Aust - RH96.
      >
      > Is there any way of programming / upgrading the UBC-RH96 to work/look like a BC-RH96. The UBC-RH96 will not accept the US software V2 as it looks for the BC-RH96 code from the head.
      >
      > At this stage I have a RH96 head that is useless with the new handheld scanners in the car.
      >
      > Any help please,
      >
      > OldOne

    • ted_senyk
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 22, 2015
        I have 2 Australian Unidens 396 and 396XT with
        1. UBC-RH96 control head alI have the latest Australian firmware installed in both the sets and the head and it all works BUT the XT does not have a display illumination in the control head.

        Very annoying.

        Ted