Re: [BCD396XT] Programing Software

  • Matthew Kurzon
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 17, 2011
       I have Arc XT Pro and ProScan.  I should get Freescan just to be able to play
      with it and see how it compares, but I'm pretty happy with the programs that I
      have so I haven't made the effort.  If I had to choose one at this point, I
      would
      certainly choose ProScan.

      Matthew

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 17, 2011
        I really like Freescan, and use it for my 396XT and 996XT.

        It helps with everything from programming, organization, recording audio, logging traffic and more. I like it so much I just made a donation, and for something that's absolutely free - it works flawlessly for me.

        Some of my other favorite add-ons for the 396XT are;

        WinMDCD (Decodes Motorola MDC data bursts.

        WinCTCSS - CTCSS / PL Tone decoder

        Scanner Recorder - Records Audio - http://www.davee.com/scanrec/

        ID Tracker II - Logs traffic, signal strength and scanner remote control

        Vox Recorder - Audio Record

        Pitch Perfect - Actually a Guitar Tuner that acts as a frequency counter for decoding tones - http://www.nch.com.au/tuner/index.html

        Hope that helps - Enjoy!

        ~Doc
      • n5qs
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 17, 2011
          I should have been more clear.
          For now I need to program the Arkansas AWIN system into the 396XT
          and get it up and running I will look at other options later,
          Thanks
          Roger

          > The 'best' depends on your wants and needs. They are all a little
          > different, and nearly all of them have unique features.
          >
          > Some options are (in no alphabetical order):
          > ARC-XT, bcTool, FreeScan, ProScan, and ScanControl.
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > n5qs wrote:
          > > I hope this is not a repeat question but I just joined and have searched the archive and had no luck finding an answer.
          > >
          > > What is the best programing software for the 396XT I have been using
          > > BCD396T_USD for my 396T and cant find any equivalent for the 396XT.
          > > Thanks
          > > Roger

        • Matt Roberts
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 17, 2011
            Try Freescan.

            Matt Roberts
            386-679-1986

            Sent from my iPhone using VoiceOver

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 17, 2011
              Any of the programs I mentioned (except ScanControl) would work for
              that. Some of them have ways to DL data from the internet.

              Joe M.

              n5qs wrote:
              > I should have been more clear.
              > For now I need to program the Arkansas AWIN system into the 396XT
              > and get it up and running I will look at other options later,
              > Thanks
              > Roger

              >> The 'best' depends on your wants and needs. They are all a little
              >> different, and nearly all of them have unique features.
              >>
              >> Some options are (in no alphabetical order):
              >> ARC-XT, bcTool, FreeScan, ProScan, and ScanControl.
              >>
              >> Joe M.
              >>
              >> n5qs wrote:
              >>> I hope this is not a repeat question but I just joined and have searched the archive and had no luck finding an answer.
              >>>
              >>> What is the best programing software for the 396XT I have been using
              >>> BCD396T_USD for my 396T and cant find any equivalent for the 396XT.
              >>> Thanks
              >>> Roger

            • n5qs
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 18, 2011
                Everybody
                Thanks for the help
                I used Freescan and accomplished the purpose of get it on the air.
                Now I will have more time for research and learn all the features.
                Roger