Re: [BCD396XT] Need Keys Urgently - just for 10 - 15 minutes

  • Jeffry Rehm
    Message 1 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
      Is there a moderator monitoring this group?

      From: Joe Polcari <Joe@...>
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 12:29 PM

      Download bctool

      Message 2 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
        I just read this thread, having sent all 396XT emails into a folder of its own
        just
        before this happened.

        Perhaps I can provide some perspective at this point, not being on anyone's
        side.

        ------

        It is natural for Walter's request to "appear" suspicious- because
        999,999/1,000,000
        this type of request is BS.

        How could you know that in this case it was GENUINE?

        A couple of clues:  1- It is in this group.  2- Walter's email address is
        @...,
        which could indicate a good internet provider in his area, possibly even his
        employer-
        admittedly, possibly meaningless.  The first clue, plus his focus and no
        misspellings...
        ok, maybe it's not much, but he wasn't asking for something random.  He just
        wanted
        to program his radio.

        On the other side: Walter has brought up the subject of bullying.  He is guilty
        of at least
        twice making violent threats in addition to name calling (Nazis ++) which
        eliminates him

        as a person who can call others "cyber bullyers".  He is one himself, without
        any doubt.

        Walter did prove his GENUINENESS by stating that he obtained the keys himself.

        Everyone else was just reacting GENUINELY because in 999,999/1,000,000 cases
        people are FRAUDS on the internet.

        However, in this case, how many FRAUDS would want the keys to program a
        BCD396XT?

        Walter was jumped on fast, instead of offered assistance.  The story did sound
        fraudulent,
        after we are bombarded with thousands like it.  It is all too easy to look back
        and see that
        it was not a fraud.   In looking back my question is: would two installations of
        the software
        nullify both of them?

        Sometimes giving help is not so easy.  I want to pick up wreckage material in
        the middle of
        the highway even at night.  But if I try, I could easily be killed.  This is not
        nearly as risky,

        but you see there is even a question about what could happen to both
        installations.

        Additionally, Walter, it was not a true emergency.  Getting your own
        installation keys is
        something that you could do for yourself, with only a short delay.

        Matthew

        ________________________________

        .

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
          I agree Matthew,
          I may have said some harsh things, BUT, it was only after I was treated like I stole everyone's 401K and ran off with it. If Jeffry and Don would have just pointed out the fact in a nice way, rather than go ballistic on me, I would have reacted different as well!
          I really hate it when wannabe mods try to police groups and impose their morals on everyone else, and that itself is a bully!
          I would have even apologized if Jeffry handled it different, but I will not now just for the fact he would not step off his faux throne.

          Walter

          Message 4 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
            I believe there is a moderator

            From: Walter <ipnfla124@...>

            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com

            From: Joe Polcari <Joe@...>

            To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, bcd396xt@yahoogroups.com

            Date: Monday, February 7, 2011, 12:29 PM

            Download bctool

[...]

            ----- End of original message -----

          • Jeffry Rehm
            Message 5 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
              I had no idea that eleven words would be considered ballistic and from my faux throne. I must have been more effective than I thought when using my keyboard. My apologies to everyone on this site for being so thoughtless.

              jeff

              Message 6 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
                You have the Force Luke, I mean Jeff

                Message 7 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
                  I was letting this go, but see, the trouble makers keep it going. This thread started with a question that was about the BCD396XT.... NONE of your opinions are on topic, therefore, just let it go...... What are you, like 11 or 12 years old?

                  Message 8 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
                    apparently not. That's what the delete key is for.

                    Is there a moderator monitoring this group?

                  • Matthew Kurzon
                    Message 9 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
                      I thought they were apologizing, and joking..

                      ________________________________

                      Message 10 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
                        Walter, feel free to email me if you wish.  We can speak freely then.

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
                          I wanted to spare the group from any more on this subject; by speaking freely I
                          meant
                          using any language we wish to.  There is nothing more to my offer.

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 29 , Feb 7, 2011
                            Your words below: " You could have simply said, "that would not be legal / moral for me to share that information with you" and I would have left it at that"

                            Apparently not, because my total reply to your request was:

                            "What you are asking for is illegal"

                            From that...you then called me a nazi, a troll and a bully, said you were 6' 5" and 270 lbs and intimated that I wouldn't dare say those words to your face.

                            I guess I should have mentioned I was a Denver cop for 26 years...took In Sunny Liston. Big guys don't bother me at all.

                            Message 13 of 29 , Feb 8, 2011
                              Yes, and I apologize for letting this go on so long. I've been under the
                              weather recently.

                              I will be deleting any moderated message on this topic, as Walter has
                              resolved his issue and there is no need for any points other than have
                              already been made.

                              Also, Walter will be put on moderation for his replies.

                              As for this topic, consider it CLOSED.

                              Thank you,
                              List Moderator

                            • Shelley Sheahan
                              Message 14 of 29 , Feb 8, 2011
                                Now that several individuals seem to have *blown up*, calmed down and
                                repeated the "activities" a couple more times, the board somewhat appears to
                                have regained some sanity...

                                Walter, I'm very sorry you found yourself in the situation you were in! I
                                have myself. And with Gommert's ARC software too - so I know quite well how
                                you felt! But unfortunately one cannot solicit keys (i.e. serial numbers)
                                from someone else's software. And if they give you the serial numbers, they
                                would be breaking the law. Just because you already own the software
                                yourself and were in a position you were in - being unable to access your
                                own serial numbers - does not negate the law.

                                I have been involved with computers and software for several decades. No
                                question, Gommert will verify exactly what I've said - please ask him
                                yourself. Both the solicitation and the sharing of commercial software
                                serial numbers is illegal. It doesn't matter if an individual has requested
                                a replacement or not. The point is that the serial number belongs to someone
                                else and the law is clear. I know it's not what you want to "hear" (read)
                                but, as I said, check with Gommert - he will verify it for you, if you'd
                                like. And please, do not take this as any kind of an "attack" or the like!
                                I'm simply passing on the facts as they are, nothing more.

                                Shell

                              • Mr. L. Harris
                                Message 15 of 29 , Feb 8, 2011
                                  I appoligize for my conduct if it was interpretes as out of line

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Feb 9, 2011
                                    I too am sorry that I let my posts get too far. To Shell, I did not know it was illegal to ask for a key, I would not have if I had known so. I did recover my keys, and learned a bit.
                                    I thank everyone that emailed me individually supporting me as well.

                                    Regards,
                                    Walter