RE: [BCD396XT] Re: Roof top antenna for bcd396xt

  • Les Shew
    Message 1 of 62 , Feb 2, 2011
      What is the name or designation for "hard line ?" Is LMR-600 the same as "hard line ?"
      I was asking because I saw some at construction project - specifically an air traffic control tower - and I think they are using LMR-600 for coax.
      I suspect its some really good stuff.

      Les

      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      From: rja12@...
      Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 15:39:05 -0500
      Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Roof top antenna for bcd396xt

      LMR-400 is WAY better than 8X, especially on the higher frequencies.
      You might want to look at LMR-400UF, it has a stranded center instead of a
      solid copper core, it's MUCH easier to work with. Stick with the real stuff,
      made by Times Microwave.

      73,
      Bob
      N2oam

      From: scanman1958@...
      Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 18:28:53 -0800

      RG6 is 75 ohm and it is used quite often in receiving signals for scanners,
      etc. I am not sure about transmitting with 75 for a 50 set up so I can't say
      there. I know there isn't a perfect match there but it really does work
      pretty good.

      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 2, 2011
        I think he was meaning that this group is supposed to be focused to
        396XT issues not generic scanners topics at length that are better
        covered in other groups like the newscannerantenna group that was
        suggested. I tend to agree. The thread on antenna suggestions is getting
        long and off topic from the 386XT focus which is what I why I originally
        signed up. The brief tangent is ok but the antenna and coax discussion
        has been been the majority of the traffic here for a month or so..Though
        at a low level it is interesting it is becoming off topic noise and
        degrading the intended focus of the group.

        This is just my view, all two cents of it, and it is the moderator that
        has the control of discussion so I could off base. I think Clark's
        response appropriate and John's follow up with the group name helpful.

        --
        David