Re: [BCD396XT] Re: Roof top antenna for bcd396xt

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 62 , Jan 31, 2011
      Scanner Master has a few log periodics one of them is 4 grand! Put that on a tall tower and some LMR 800 and a rotor. Not braging but I have a CLP-5130 log now but not using it right now. Right now I am using a Icom discone that is up about 50 feet on my tower. But if I was to ever hit the lottery O MY MY!!
      From: Mummert Matthew <commlistmail@... <mailto:commlistmail%40me.com> >
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 04:37:09 -0500

      > If money is no object, can't I just go and file a freedom of
      > information request for the taped audio from the radio console every
      > day?
      >
      > On 28 Jan, 2011, at 16:13 , MCH wrote:
      >
      > > Why stop at 1-7/8"? Heliax is made in much larger diameters that have
      > > even lower loss. :-)
      > >
      > > Joe M.
      > >
      > > e wrote:
      > > > Ok let kick this up a little then You ought to spend some money an
      > > use 1"7/8 hard line
      > > > and get it over with since you want the best... This is not for
      > > those
      > > > fair weather scanner users
      > > >

      > > > So go ahead pick on me a little more

    • David Klippel
      Message 62 of 62 , Feb 2, 2011
        I think he was meaning that this group is supposed to be focused to
        396XT issues not generic scanners topics at length that are better
        covered in other groups like the newscannerantenna group that was
        suggested. I tend to agree. The thread on antenna suggestions is getting
        long and off topic from the 386XT focus which is what I why I originally
        signed up. The brief tangent is ok but the antenna and coax discussion
        has been been the majority of the traffic here for a month or so..Though
        at a low level it is interesting it is becoming off topic noise and
        degrading the intended focus of the group.

        This is just my view, all two cents of it, and it is the moderator that
        has the control of discussion so I could off base. I think Clark's
        response appropriate and John's follow up with the group name helpful.

        --
        David