Re: [BCD396XT] Direct freq entry - no saving

  • Danny Yahoo Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2011
      Don't hit E, hit Hold again.
      Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone with Nextel Direct Connect

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2011
        You're 92% there. Instead of hitting the E key after the frequency,
        press the HOLD button again.

        HOLD 1 4 6 . 5 2 0 HOLD

        Joe M.

        Richard Yoo wrote:
        > Does anyone know how to just directly key in a freq (like 146.520) and
        > listen to it? A quick glance and the manual doesn't make this
        > obivous to me.
        >
        > I tried putting the scanner on HOLD then typing in the freq - but
        > after hitting E it tries to save it... I just want to tune to it and
        > listen...
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > -Richard, N5YOO

      • Richard Yoo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2011
          Thats awesome! Thanks! I've been banging my head for days thinking
          "it must do this!"

          -Richard, N5YOO
          ---
          Visit my blog at http://www.richardyoo.com
          Share your photos at http://www.natuba.com

          On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 5:10 PM, MCH <mch@...> wrote:
          > You're 92% there. Instead of hitting the E key after the frequency,
          > press the HOLD button again.
          >
          > HOLD 1 4 6 . 5 2 0 HOLD
          >
          > Joe M.
          >
          > Richard Yoo wrote:
          >> Does anyone know how to just directly key in a freq (like 146.520) and
          >> listen to it?   A quick glance and the manual doesn't make this
          >> obivous to me.
          >>
          >> I tried putting the scanner on HOLD then typing in the freq - but
          >> after hitting E it tries to save it... I just want to tune to it and
          >> listen...
          >>
          >> Any ideas?
          >>
          >> Thanks!
          >>
          >> -Richard, N5YOO

        • Clark Rennie
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 26, 2011
            A Tip,
            Go the Uniden web site, find Manuals and download the manual for the
            BCD396T, many of the
            features are the same and it's better than the wiki for the XT.

            Clark