New BCD396XT Owner

  • Matt Roberts
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2011
      After asking a lot of questions, and researching for a week, I have
      decided to purchase the 396XT scanner. I'll be placing the order
      tomorrow, so it'll probably arive next Monday.
      Between now and then, I'll be asking a lot of questions. One thing I
      need to find out is the controls in the order in which they appear.
      Since FreeScan works well with screen access software, I'm going to do
      a recorded tutorial for blind people who want to purchase Uniden
      scanners. I'm not sure where I'll post it, but hope I can get
      permission to announce on the list when it's done.
      If I want to use one of my service search quick keys, do I need to
      activate service search first? I programed that as quick key "72." Do I
      have to activate my service search quick key to access keys 1, 2, and 3?
      IF I activate the tone-out feature, and then decide I want to scan
      again, do I just hit the scan button?

      --
      Matt Roberts N9GMR
      n9gmr@...

      Email services provided by the System Access Mobile Network. Visit