"Handling" Talkgroup Patches

  • Mike Curtis (KC)
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 29, 2008
      One thing I think I would like more than anything else in a trunk
      tracking scanner is the ability to properly handle talkgroup patches on
      Motorola trunked systems. What I mean is, when TG A and TG B are
      patched together, I want to be able to hear the traffic regardless of
      whether I'm sitting on TG A or TG B. Currently the talkgroup that "gets
      the traffic" is dependent upon the order in which the dispatcher patches
      them. Any chance of ever getting this feature in a trunktracker? :)

    • Dan Danz
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 29, 2008
        I would add a strong "second" to this recommendation.

        I have to listen to lots of unwanted 10-27/10-28/10-29 queries on the INFO
        channel just in case it gets chosen for sending HOT traffic .. which it
        frequently does, because at MCSO in Phoenix, it's the INFO operator who
        multi-selects all the other channels and broadcasts the alert for the hot call
        ..

        ________________

        Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

        Fountain Hills AZ

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
          Well, I'm pretty sure I was wrong about how this works with the latest firmware
          versions (for 996 at least.still waiting to confirm with XT). It *used to* be
          that way, but Paul says he thinks it was fixed, and I'm inclined to agree.

          At least for multi-select, I heard a hot call being broadcast with the voice of
          the INFO operator, but I *did not* have INFO selected, and I heard the hot call
          on one of the main talk groups, which I *did* have selected. That's exactly
          the behavior I want.

          Note that I'm talking about multi-select broadcasts. I'm not 100% certain how
          it works on patched channels. It's not something we do with regularity on the
          Maricopa P16. Phoenix does it a lot on their P25 -- I'll have to pay attention
          when I'm in range tomorrow.

          What, specifically, do you see/hear Mike?

          ________________

          Dan Danz (WA5SKM)

          Fountain Hills AZ

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
            Is it possible to make the ATT feature adjustable through the software in
            this rig? To me 20 db is just to much for me 10 would be much better
            setting for me and my location.

            73

            Mike

            Arizona

          • johnstark
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2008
              Nope..... answered on another list....

              > Is it possible to make the ATT feature adjustable through the software in
              > this rig? To me 20 db is just to much for me 10 would be much better
              > setting for me and my location.
              >

              > 73
              >
              > Mike
              >
              > Arizona

            • Mike Curtis (KC)
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 2, 2008
                Just saw it happen on my 996 right now running firmware v3 ...

                On the Illinois Starcom21 P25 system, a patch showing in Pro96Com as
                9019->9055 with audio only coming out on 9055.