396XT Questions and FreeScan

  • Matt Roberts
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2011
      I'm in the process of programming a conventional system for my future BCD396XT. I see a field called "NAC" where the channel information is displayed, which defaults to SRCH. What is this field used for?
      I also found in order to put channel tags in this system, I have to change this field to "null" before the number tag field is displayed.
      What do I press to get to a channel I've assigned with a number tag? I understand if you've assigned a Quick Key to a system, you can go directly to a channel by pressing System.Tag. I'm missing some key presses. What do I press?
      I also understand in a trunked system, it is possible to go directly to a talk group. What do you press to do this?
      IF you have systems set to scan by default on a startup key, and you decide you want to scan different systems, can you just turn off what you don't want, and turn on what you want?
      For the Service Search Keys 1, 2, 3 what mode do you have to select on the scanner before you can activate those?

      Matt Roberts blindbiker@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 7, 2011
        NAC is the P25 version of analog's CTCSS/CDCSS.

        To go directly to any channel, program the System Number Tag and Channel
        Number Tag, then press on the keypad "SNT.CNT" and hit the MENU button.

        "Yes" on the Startup Key question.

        Joe M.