Re: [BCD396XT] Blind Scanner User Extremely Frustrated!

  • Matt Roberts
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2011
      On Jan 5, 2011, at 5:46 AM, MCH wrote:

      >> I also want to easily access the tone-out feature. Can this be done?
      >
      > That one may not be easily done. I don't recall if that can be assigned
      > to a function key or not.

      es it can! It's search key "1" on my future scanner.

      >> If I can do some of this stuff, or all of it, the scanner is usable by a blind person. Therefore Uniden is wrong when they say a blind person can't use this product.
      >
      > You're dealing with matters of degrees here. Can a blind person use the
      > menus? Yes, if you can remember the order of the menus. But for the most
      > part the menus would have to be seen to be used.
      >

      > And virtual control via software is another aspect that may be of use to
      > you.

      Virtual control is of interest. FreeScan even has keyboard commands which make it usable by a blind person. If the scanner display appears as text on the computer screen, a blind person could access everything. The person could get talk group information which could not have been gotten by looking at the display.

      Matt Roberts blindbiker@...