Re: [BCD396XT] Fire Tone-Out

    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 5, 2011
      In my area, testing is rare anymore. Only two counties out of five to
      any scheduled testing - one tests once every month and the other tests
      departments weekly, but only for maybe 10 of the close to 200
      departments. That's only because they were grandfathered from older
      dispatch centers, I think.

      Any dispatch center will test upon demand, however.

      Joe M.

      johnstark wrote:
      > You sure about that, I don't know of ANY dispatch center that doesn't do at
      > the least weekly alert testing. Some here even do daily tests and one does
      > morning and evening tests. Where I dispatched we did weekly tests of the
      > entire county as did the county. We were the backup dispatch for county fire
      > and EMS.
      >
      > John

    • Walter Jinright
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 5, 2011
        Joe is right, here in N.W. FL, Escambia County, FL does NO pager test unless
        requested, Santa Rosa County, FL ONLY does a daily test for the city of Milton,
        FL daily, ALL other by request ONLY.

        Walter
        (Former Comms Major/Dispatcher in Escambia County, FL)

        ________________________________

        johnstark wrote:
        > You sure about that, I don't know of ANY dispatch center that doesn't do at
        > the least weekly alert testing. Some here even do daily tests and one does
        > morning and evening tests. Where I dispatched we did weekly tests of the
        > entire county as did the county. We were the backup dispatch for county fire
        > and EMS.
        >
        > John

      • Webbtown18
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 6, 2011
          Check out this link from radio reference. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Escambia_County_(FL)#Escambia_County_Fire_Tone-Outs

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Walter Jinright <ipnfla124@...> wrote:

          > Joe is right, here in N.W. FL, Escambia County, FL does NO pager test unless
          > requested, Santa Rosa County, FL ONLY does a daily test for the city of Milton,
          > FL daily, ALL other by request ONLY.
          >
          > Walter
          > (Former Comms Major/Dispatcher in Escambia County, FL)
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Webbtown18
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 6, 2011
            [Moderator edit: Link formatted to standards. Always put the link in <> when posting. It should not break if you do]

            Sorry link didn't work see if this works if not cut and past it. It shows tones for pagers.

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Webbtown18" <KC2PPE@...> wrote:

            > Check out this link from radio reference. http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Escambia_County_(FL)#Escambia_County_Fire_Tone-Outs
            >
            > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, Walter Jinright <ipnfla124@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Joe is right, here in N.W. FL, Escambia County, FL does NO pager test unless
            > > requested, Santa Rosa County, FL ONLY does a daily test for the city of Milton,
            > > FL daily, ALL other by request ONLY.
            > >
            > > Walter
            > > (Former Comms Major/Dispatcher in Escambia County, FL)

          • Walter Jinright
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 7, 2011
              Ok,
              I don't understand your point? I am the one that listed the Tones for Escambia and Santa Rosa Counties. And even though the tones are listed, does not mean they do pager tests daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly... as I stated. Tone-out pagers are tested on request by a STATION OFFICER ONLY!

              I also put the Santa Rosa County, FL Pager Tones on RR Wiki, as well. As I said, I was an alerting officer/dispatcher for about 10 years here. Lt. for 2 and Major (Commander of Comms.), for 1 year at a local agency. Bob Boschen is the Escambia County, FL Communications Chief at this time and has been for some time. Email him if you do not believe me!

              Walter