Re: [BCD396XT] Re: New Firmware Wishlist

  • Doug Hutton
    Message 1 of 22 , Dec 30, 2010
      Paul -

      Thanks for the insight into why HOLD on a trunking system works the way it does.

      My take on it is that the irritation of getting a blast of trunking control channel is
      much worse than the benefit of the diagnostic data (which I have never found useful).

      How about this: Change HOLD to display the last active channel. Display the system,
      site IDs, channel grants and trunking type whenever the rotary knob selects any trunking
      control channel. That would expand the utility of the radio to assist manual searching
      for and identifying trunking systems and make the HOLD key much more user-friendly.

      Joe, your analysis of ‘stopping scan’ was very interesting and helpful in this discussion.

      Doug

      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 18, 2011
        For trunked systems the ability to turn on/off Priority ID Scan via keypress like it already does for conventional systems.