Earpience Jack Size

  • Pat Johnson
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
      Can someone tell me what the jack size is for the 396XT scanner?
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
        2.5mm stereo (wired mono).
         UPMan

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
          Are you sure ?
          My 3.5mm (1/8) plug fits fine.
          Now where in the manual or WiKi was I able to find this information.
          The BCD396T manual on page 35 does have this info. and they are the same size.

          Clark

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
            I was just thinking the same thing before I saw your post.
            It is a 3.5mm, not 2.5mm. Maybe that was a typo.

            Joe M.

            Clark Rennie wrote:
            > Are you sure ?
            > My 3.5mm (1/8) plug fits fine.
            > Now where in the manual or WiKi was I able to find this information.
            > The BCD396T manual on page 35 does have this info. and they are the same size.
            >
            > Clark
            >

            > At 09:01 AM 12/9/2010, you wrote:
            >
            >> 2.5mm stereo (wired mono).
            >> UPMan
            >>

            >> ________________________________

          • Paul Opitz
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
              I typo'd 3.5 is correct. My apologies.

              ________________________________

              At 09:01 AM 12/9/2010, you wrote:

              >2.5mm stereo (wired mono).
              > UPMan
              >

              >________________________________

            • Clark Rennie
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
                I still find a TWiki difficult to navigate compared to a manual.
                For the basics of the 396s, they are so similar that I use the BCD396T manual.
                Could someone point to that info. in the TWiki for the earpiece jack ?

                Clark

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
                  http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/BCD396XTSpecs
                   UPMan

                  ________________________________

                  At 01:20 PM 12/9/2010, you wrote:

                  >I typo'd 3.5 is correct. My apologies.
                  >

                  >________________________________

                • Peter Duffy
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
                    I may be coming in on this late but have you tried Easier to Read BCD396XT
                    Digital Scanner Manual <http://marksscanners.com/396XT/396xt.shtml> to use
                    for a manual? I agree with you it isn't perfect but I have found this
                    easier to read and navigate right now and with the free version of CutePDF
                    writer http://www.cutepdf.com/products/cutepdf/writer.asp I can print the
                    thing out. Duff

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 9, 2010
                      Thanks guys, I found it, it's 3.5 ..
                      http://www.earphoneconnect.com/product_industries_filter.asp?Prod_IndustryID=203&IndustryID=13

                      "The Passion to Help"

                      Pat Johnson, Guru
                      Neighborhood Watch Captain

                      P.O. Box 18326
                      Austin, Texas 78760
                      512-680-3190

                      http://texasparkingfacilityfraud.blogspot.com

                      IMPORTANT NOTICE: This communication, and any attachments, may contain
                      privileged or confidential information under the Texas Public Information Act or
                      other applicable state and federal laws. If you have received this message in
                      error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email from your
                      system.