RE: [BCD396XT] Additional Belt Clips for the the 396 XT

  • John Harley
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2010
      I use this scanner on the job (I drive a big rig 48-state) and it makes my job
      so much easier, as I rely on communications (primarily CB radio *ack*)  to
      enhance safety on the highways. These days, CB radio is not as reliable as it
      has been due to intentional misinformation, profanity, racist bs, and general
      argumentation (ha). When I find myself in a jam, gridlock, or some kind of
      delay, I can usually find information on the scanner. Have the 330brt, but I
      grew weary of not being able to hear the state police on APCO 25 systems and
      bought the 396xt to rectify that problem. The CC feature is invaluable in
      accident situations. I hardly turn on the CB anymore, it has become a secondary
      alternative to information radio  on the nation's highways. This scanner does
      the job, and then some.

      As for cases and mounting options in a semi-truck - I purchased the heavy duty
      leather case from Westmall (?) for the 330T and it fits perfectly on the 396. I
      velcroed a double-drink cup holder onto my dash for both the 396xt and my Yaesu
      VX-7R and it works like a charm. They both fit in the cup holders with folded
      cardboard shims (so they don't vibrate and slip to the side) and there is even a
      small space between the cup holes for pens, notes, freq list, etc. I will try to
      post a pic of it here, hope it works. Any other suggestions would be
      appreciated. I travel with a plethora of gadgets including talking GPS system,
      10-meter radio, 2m, 440, 220, and CB (which we have come to call the Childrens
      Channel) haha...the BCD396xt is a great addition to my work radios, and will be
      even better when I learn how to use it quicker when I see a situation on the
      road. Thanks for all of the tips here., I read the mails daily hoping to learn
      something:)