Disregard WAS RE: [BCD396XT] Additional Belt Clips for the the 396 XT

  • Cris Hanna
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2010
      Found them on the UnidenDirect website.

      From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
      Of Cris Hanna
      Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 3:41 PM
      To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BCD396XT] Additional Belt Clips for the the 396 XT

      Any way to get more of these.not really looking for a case

    • John Harley
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2010
        I use this scanner on the job (I drive a big rig 48-state) and it makes my job
        so much easier, as I rely on communications (primarily CB radio *ack*)  to
        enhance safety on the highways. These days, CB radio is not as reliable as it
        has been due to intentional misinformation, profanity, racist bs, and general
        argumentation (ha). When I find myself in a jam, gridlock, or some kind of
        delay, I can usually find information on the scanner. Have the 330brt, but I
        grew weary of not being able to hear the state police on APCO 25 systems and
        bought the 396xt to rectify that problem. The CC feature is invaluable in
        accident situations. I hardly turn on the CB anymore, it has become a secondary
        alternative to information radio  on the nation's highways. This scanner does
        the job, and then some.

        As for cases and mounting options in a semi-truck - I purchased the heavy duty
        leather case from Westmall (?) for the 330T and it fits perfectly on the 396. I
        velcroed a double-drink cup holder onto my dash for both the 396xt and my Yaesu
        VX-7R and it works like a charm. They both fit in the cup holders with folded
        cardboard shims (so they don't vibrate and slip to the side) and there is even a
        small space between the cup holes for pens, notes, freq list, etc. I will try to
        post a pic of it here, hope it works. Any other suggestions would be
        appreciated. I travel with a plethora of gadgets including talking GPS system,
        10-meter radio, 2m, 440, 220, and CB (which we have come to call the Childrens
        Channel) haha...the BCD396xt is a great addition to my work radios, and will be
        even better when I learn how to use it quicker when I see a situation on the
        road. Thanks for all of the tips here., I read the mails daily hoping to learn
        something:)

        Any way to get more of these.not really looking for a case