Updated Frequencies in ARC-XT

  • yyuen
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2010
      Can anyone tell me if there is an easier way to update frequencies in ARC XT so I can upload them to my 396XT? I see the updated frequencies in Radio Reference, but other than copying them into my profile and reassigning the shortcut keys, then deleting the original frequencies, is there an easier way to maintain my frequencies?

      Thanks

      York
    • Peter Duffy
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2010
        Actually it is quite easy to manage the freq's but.I have to admit it is
        totally different thinking than my old scanners. Think of it as loading
        everything you ever want to listen to and then tweaking it when needed.
        I've used scanners since I had to buy crystals for them. Once you set them
        (systems) up save them and then load what you need or want to the scanner.
        Save all the systems including stuff you don't want. You then can go both
        ways, use what is in the scanner or what is on the hard drive. Look at lock
        out of system. ARC-XT is really different in how we old farts use the
        software but it works really well with the 396xt. I actually had to do
        something I never do.read the manual. Please don't flame me as fact is it
        is a really cool program but, I had to change the way I think to use the new
        format. Good luck, Duff

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
          Duff,
          Thanks for the response. I do have my files set up in ARC XT, but I was wondering if there is an easier way to maintain the frequencies in ARC XT that get updated frequently? For example, I have NYC frequencies and they get updated frequently. Other than manually updating these frequencies, then uploading to the 396XT, is there an easier way to maintain them in ARC XT?
          Thanks

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Duffy" <pduffy211@...> wrote:

          > Actually it is quite easy to manage the freq's but.I have to admit it is
          > totally different thinking than my old scanners. Think of it as loading
          > everything you ever want to listen to and then tweaking it when needed.
          > I've used scanners since I had to buy crystals for them. Once you set them
          > (systems) up save them and then load what you need or want to the scanner.
          > Save all the systems including stuff you don't want. You then can go both
          > ways, use what is in the scanner or what is on the hard drive. Look at lock
          > out of system. ARC-XT is really different in how we old farts use the
          > software but it works really well with the 396xt. I actually had to do
          > something I never do.read the manual. Please don't flame me as fact is it
          > is a really cool program but, I had to change the way I think to use the new
          > format. Good luck, Duff
        • Peter Duffy
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
            I use the radio reference web site to keep mine up to date but that being
            said my area certainly isn't as rapidly changing as yours. I had a BC246XT
            and as much of VA is now APCO25 (especially my area) I couldn't get there
            with my old radio so I let my paid account expire on www.radioreference.com.
            I had or could search for everything I needed. Now I've reactivated my
            account as with ARC XT and my new 396XT it is just easier to download the
            bulk of the items I'm interested in. I haven't mastered the new power yet
            so I'm not going to even make believe I can fully answer your question.

            Anyway, the other option is to capture it in the radio and download to ARC
            XT but what I do is download the bulk of it from the WEB site and tweak as I
            go. The subscription is worth the effort to me. Not much help I know but
            to me messing around with it is half the fun. Thing is you can drag and
            drop what you find scanning and what you download in ARC XT so I find it
            just easier and more entertaining. Sorry if I wasn't much help. Duff

            --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com> , "Peter
            Duffy" <pduffy211@...> wrote:

            > Actually it is quite easy to manage the freq's but.I have to admit it is
            > totally different thinking than my old scanners. Think of it as loading
            > everything you ever want to listen to and then tweaking it when needed.
            > I've used scanners since I had to buy crystals for them. Once you set them
            > (systems) up save them and then load what you need or want to the scanner.
            > Save all the systems including stuff you don't want. You then can go both
            > ways, use what is in the scanner or what is on the hard drive. Look at
            lock
            > out of system. ARC-XT is really different in how we old farts use the
            > software but it works really well with the 396xt. I actually had to do
            > something I never do.read the manual. Please don't flame me as fact is it
            > is a really cool program but, I had to change the way I think to use the
            new
            > format. Good luck, Duff

          • Nick Marsh
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2010
              > much of VA is now APCO25 (especially my area)
              > Duff

              Hi Duff,

              If you have any 396XT files for SW VA I'd appreciate a copy. Looking mainly
              for VSP for when I travel in that area.

              Thanks,

              Nick
              WB4SQI