At least as good as a Pro-137?

  • Gary G
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2010
      I picked up a $40 Uniden made Pro-137 on clearance from Radio Shack...you know, it looks almost exactly like the the BCD396XT except its blue (and doesn't have trunking, digital, etc, etc). What the Pro-137 does have is AMAZING sensitivity. Has anyone used both the 137 and the 396XT? Are they about the same analog-wise?
    • gcr33
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
        It doesn't have trunking, it doesn't do digital but it looks the same except that it is blue.
        Therefore it is not a 396XT which does digital and trunking and is not blue.

      • Gary G
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
          Yeah I am aware a 137 is not a 396XT. They probably share some components and I just wanted to know if a 396XT is as sensitive.

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "gcr33" <gcr33@...> wrote:

          > It doesn't have trunking, it doesn't do digital but it looks the same except that it is blue.
          > Therefore it is not a 396XT which does digital and trunking and is not blue.

        • Mark Levine, D.C.
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2010
            No it's better.