Internal parts

  • butch
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2010
      Looking for internal parts for BCD396t wear I can get them
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 15, 2010
        Depending on the part, if it is available but not listed on
        www.unidendirect.com, you may be able to get it by posting a specific request
        at:

        http://info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/PartsRequest
         UPMan

        ________________________________
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 15, 2010
          I needed a new data jack for my BCD396T, and I got it for a very reasonable price at Uniden Parts (I bought several spares since the biggest charge was shipping).

          Speaking of repairs, I wonder if the BCD396XT uses the same circuit-board-mounted jacks as the BCD396T, with which I've had numerous problems. After having to resolder and replace the data jack several times (a very delicate operation) I finally epoxied one to the circuit board, and it has held up well. I still have an intermittent connection between the data plug and jack for some reason, so I stabilize the data cable with rubber bands around the body of the scanner.

          Recently my speaker quit working, and then the audio jack became intermittent. I opened up the scanner yesterday and found 1) two of the solder joints holding the audio jack to the circuit board were broken loose, and 2) a black wire running between the circuit boards was broken at one of the solder joints. A quick soldering job fixed both problems, and the scanner is working nicely again!

          It may sound like I'm rough with my scanner, but actually I'm extremely careful with it. The problem is that I usually have cables plugged into every jack, both at home and on the road, and even mild vibrations eventually break the delicate solder connections.

          -Tim

          Looking for internal parts for BCD396t wear I can get them

        • Joe Polcari
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 15, 2010
            It would help if when they designed it, they could put all external
            connections adjacent to each other, then they could be secured in a
            makeshift harness to reduce vibration, etc.

            ----- End of original message -----