Location Based Scanning

  • Fred Halley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
      Has anyone had success using the Location Based Scanning feature on the BCD396XT or the BCD996XT?
      I'm interested in understanding the complexities of programing this feature and what software has been used successfully.

      Fred, W2EMS

      ------------------Confidentiality Notice----------------------------

      This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
      of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is
      proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
      applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
      distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or
      agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
      or if you have received this communication in error,please notify the
      Healthcare Association of NYS by return e-mail or by calling
      518-431-7600 and destroy all copies of the original message.

    • John Burricelli
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
        My experience is that it takes time and some tweaking, but once you have it
        setup right you never have to touch the scanner while you are in the car
        again. The main thing is you need to come up with a plan on how it would
        work the best for you and what makes sense.

        One thing I would suggest, put all your systems in twice, 1 with GPS and 1
        without. Assign all your GPS systems the same quick key. I do this just in
        case I have an issue with the gps, I can revert back to regular scanning in
        an instant.

        I can tell you that freescan works great for programming. I haven't used
        anything else.

        On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Fred Halley <fhalley@...> wrote:

        > Has anyone had success using the Location Based Scanning feature on the
        > BCD396XT or the BCD996XT?
        > I'm interested in understanding the complexities of programing this feature
        > and what software has been used successfully.
        >
        > Fred, W2EMS
        >
        > ------------------Confidentiality Notice----------------------------
        >
        > This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use
        > of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is
        > proprietary, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
        > applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or
        > distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or
        > agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient,
        > or if you have received this communication in error,please notify the
        > Healthcare Association of NYS by return e-mail or by calling
        > 518-431-7600 and destroy all copies of the original message.

      • Uniden UPMan
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
          Since HomePatrol-1 has come out, the location information in RRDB has gotten
          much, much better. For road trips, very little tweaking should be needed.
           UPMan