Re: [BCD396XT] Re: any bluetooth wireless device that will work with the 396xt

  • Sin Doss
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
      JOHN. i AM LOOKING FOR JUST AN EARPIECE LIKE THE BLUETOOTH , JUST A SINGLE WIRELESS EARPIECE TO MONITOR THE RADIO, LIKE THE ONE PEOPLE USE ON CELL PHONES, ANY SUGGESTIONS
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
        Yes, as the scanner does not support BT by itself.

        Jabra is one popular adapter. There are others - such as the Plantronics
        one that was mentioned.

        But, you need:

        1. An adapter to convert the audio then transmit it in BT format and
        2. A BT headset/earbud to receive it and convert it back to analog audio.

        Joe M.

        Sin Doss wrote:
        > WOULD I HAVE TO GET A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER, OR JABRA ADAPTER

      • Sin Doss
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
          do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
            The adapter I use is a Jabra A120s.

            The earbud is a Jabra BT530.

            BUT, the above is for use with two devices (namely my scanner and my phone).

            I used to use an A210 adapter (which requires a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter
            available at Radio Shack) and a BT160 (not sure of the number - maybe
            BT150). The reason I switched, again, is so I can use one BT earbud with
            both devices. It is also nice not needing the 3.5/2.5mm adapter, too.

            I'm sure others will give you other options, too. Just about any BT
            earbud will work.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
              BTW, the A120s/BT530 combo will work even if you're not using two
              devices. You don't have to use it on two devices.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010

                From: MCH <mch@...>
                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 9:58 PM

                Sin Doss wrote:
                > do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

              • Sylvain Lamarre
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                  Hi!

                  And if i may add, on my side I really like the ability to listen to my scanner (connected to a Jabra 210) *and* have the audio interrupted by an incoming call on my cell and have my BT ear-mic switch to the call, and go back to scanner audio as soon as the call ends!

                  -Sylvain (via iPhone)

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                    Yes.

                    Joe M.