Re: [BCD396XT] Re: any bluetooth wireless device that will work with the 396xt

  • Sin Doss
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
      JOHN. i AM LOOKING FOR JUST AN EARPIECE LIKE THE BLUETOOTH , JUST A SINGLE WIRELESS EARPIECE TO MONITOR THE RADIO, LIKE THE ONE PEOPLE USE ON CELL PHONES, ANY SUGGESTIONS
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
        WOULD I HAVE TO GET A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER, OR JABRA ADAPTER

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
          Yes, as the scanner does not support BT by itself.

          Jabra is one popular adapter. There are others - such as the Plantronics
          one that was mentioned.

          But, you need:

          1. An adapter to convert the audio then transmit it in BT format and
          2. A BT headset/earbud to receive it and convert it back to analog audio.

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
            do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
              The adapter I use is a Jabra A120s.

              The earbud is a Jabra BT530.

              BUT, the above is for use with two devices (namely my scanner and my phone).

              I used to use an A210 adapter (which requires a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter
              available at Radio Shack) and a BT160 (not sure of the number - maybe
              BT150). The reason I switched, again, is so I can use one BT earbud with
              both devices. It is also nice not needing the 3.5/2.5mm adapter, too.

              I'm sure others will give you other options, too. Just about any BT
              earbud will work.

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                BTW, the A120s/BT530 combo will work even if you're not using two
                devices. You don't have to use it on two devices.

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010

                  From: MCH <mch@...>
                  To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 9:58 PM

                  Sin Doss wrote:
                  > do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

                • Sylvain Lamarre
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                    Hi!

                    And if i may add, on my side I really like the ability to listen to my scanner (connected to a Jabra 210) *and* have the audio interrupted by an incoming call on my cell and have my BT ear-mic switch to the call, and go back to scanner audio as soon as the call ends!

                    -Sylvain (via iPhone)

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                      Yes.

                      Joe M.