Re: any bluetooth wireless device that will work with the 396xt

  • John Crowe
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
      I use the Plantronics BackBeat Bluetooth 906.Wireless stereo headphiones It
      comes with an adapter that you can easily velcro to the back of the 396.
      Can also take phone calls, and unlike some other headsets, the calls audio are
      binaural.

      http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/mobile/bluetooth-headsets/backbeat-906

    • Sin Doss
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
        JOHN. i AM LOOKING FOR JUST AN EARPIECE LIKE THE BLUETOOTH , JUST A SINGLE WIRELESS EARPIECE TO MONITOR THE RADIO, LIKE THE ONE PEOPLE USE ON CELL PHONES, ANY SUGGESTIONS

        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
          WOULD I HAVE TO GET A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER, OR JABRA ADAPTER

          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
            Yes, as the scanner does not support BT by itself.

            Jabra is one popular adapter. There are others - such as the Plantronics
            one that was mentioned.

            But, you need:

            1. An adapter to convert the audio then transmit it in BT format and
            2. A BT headset/earbud to receive it and convert it back to analog audio.

            Joe M.

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
              do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                The adapter I use is a Jabra A120s.

                The earbud is a Jabra BT530.

                BUT, the above is for use with two devices (namely my scanner and my phone).

                I used to use an A210 adapter (which requires a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter
                available at Radio Shack) and a BT160 (not sure of the number - maybe
                BT150). The reason I switched, again, is so I can use one BT earbud with
                both devices. It is also nice not needing the 3.5/2.5mm adapter, too.

                I'm sure others will give you other options, too. Just about any BT
                earbud will work.

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                  BTW, the A120s/BT530 combo will work even if you're not using two
                  devices. You don't have to use it on two devices.

                  Joe M.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010

                    From: MCH <mch@...>
                    To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                    Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 9:58 PM

                    Sin Doss wrote:
                    > do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

                  • Sylvain Lamarre
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                      Hi!

                      And if i may add, on my side I really like the ability to listen to my scanner (connected to a Jabra 210) *and* have the audio interrupted by an incoming call on my cell and have my BT ear-mic switch to the call, and go back to scanner audio as soon as the call ends!

                      -Sylvain (via iPhone)

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                        Yes.

                        Joe M.