Re: [BCD396XT] any bluetooth wireless device that will work with the 396xt

  • Sin Doss
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
      if i get jabra, can i use any bluetooth earplug, or is there a certain one to use with the jabra 120?
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
        You would be able to use any that supports Bluetooth. IOW, if it's
        Bluetooth, it should work.

        Joe M.

        Sin Doss wrote:
        > if i get jabra, can i use any bluetooth earplug, or is there a certain one to use with the jabra 120?

      • John Crowe
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
          I use the Plantronics BackBeat Bluetooth 906.Wireless stereo headphiones It
          comes with an adapter that you can easily velcro to the back of the 396.
          Can also take phone calls, and unlike some other headsets, the calls audio are
          binaural.

          http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/mobile/bluetooth-headsets/backbeat-906

        • Sin Doss
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
            JOHN. i AM LOOKING FOR JUST AN EARPIECE LIKE THE BLUETOOTH , JUST A SINGLE WIRELESS EARPIECE TO MONITOR THE RADIO, LIKE THE ONE PEOPLE USE ON CELL PHONES, ANY SUGGESTIONS

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
              WOULD I HAVE TO GET A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER, OR JABRA ADAPTER

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                Yes, as the scanner does not support BT by itself.

                Jabra is one popular adapter. There are others - such as the Plantronics
                one that was mentioned.

                But, you need:

                1. An adapter to convert the audio then transmit it in BT format and
                2. A BT headset/earbud to receive it and convert it back to analog audio.

                Joe M.

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                  do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                    The adapter I use is a Jabra A120s.

                    The earbud is a Jabra BT530.

                    BUT, the above is for use with two devices (namely my scanner and my phone).

                    I used to use an A210 adapter (which requires a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter
                    available at Radio Shack) and a BT160 (not sure of the number - maybe
                    BT150). The reason I switched, again, is so I can use one BT earbud with
                    both devices. It is also nice not needing the 3.5/2.5mm adapter, too.

                    I'm sure others will give you other options, too. Just about any BT
                    earbud will work.

                    Joe M.

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                      BTW, the A120s/BT530 combo will work even if you're not using two
                      devices. You don't have to use it on two devices.

                      Joe M.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010

                        From: MCH <mch@...>
                        To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 9:58 PM

                        Sin Doss wrote:
                        > do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

                      • Sylvain Lamarre
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                          Hi!

                          And if i may add, on my side I really like the ability to listen to my scanner (connected to a Jabra 210) *and* have the audio interrupted by an incoming call on my cell and have my BT ear-mic switch to the call, and go back to scanner audio as soon as the call ends!

                          -Sylvain (via iPhone)

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                            Yes.

                            Joe M.