Re: [BCD396XT] any bluetooth wireless device that will work with the 396xt

  • Sin Doss
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
      are you saying that any bluetooth unit that will connect to the 396 would work from bluetooth, are you talking about an adapter

      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
        if i get jabra, can i use any bluetooth earplug, or is there a certain one to use with the jabra 120?
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
          You would be able to use any that supports Bluetooth. IOW, if it's
          Bluetooth, it should work.

          Joe M.

          Sin Doss wrote:
          > if i get jabra, can i use any bluetooth earplug, or is there a certain one to use with the jabra 120?

        • John Crowe
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
            I use the Plantronics BackBeat Bluetooth 906.Wireless stereo headphiones It
            comes with an adapter that you can easily velcro to the back of the 396.
            Can also take phone calls, and unlike some other headsets, the calls audio are
            binaural.

            http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/mobile/bluetooth-headsets/backbeat-906

          • Sin Doss
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
              JOHN. i AM LOOKING FOR JUST AN EARPIECE LIKE THE BLUETOOTH , JUST A SINGLE WIRELESS EARPIECE TO MONITOR THE RADIO, LIKE THE ONE PEOPLE USE ON CELL PHONES, ANY SUGGESTIONS

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                WOULD I HAVE TO GET A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER, OR JABRA ADAPTER

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                  Yes, as the scanner does not support BT by itself.

                  Jabra is one popular adapter. There are others - such as the Plantronics
                  one that was mentioned.

                  But, you need:

                  1. An adapter to convert the audio then transmit it in BT format and
                  2. A BT headset/earbud to receive it and convert it back to analog audio.

                  Joe M.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                    do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                      The adapter I use is a Jabra A120s.

                      The earbud is a Jabra BT530.

                      BUT, the above is for use with two devices (namely my scanner and my phone).

                      I used to use an A210 adapter (which requires a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter
                      available at Radio Shack) and a BT160 (not sure of the number - maybe
                      BT150). The reason I switched, again, is so I can use one BT earbud with
                      both devices. It is also nice not needing the 3.5/2.5mm adapter, too.

                      I'm sure others will give you other options, too. Just about any BT
                      earbud will work.

                      Joe M.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                        BTW, the A120s/BT530 combo will work even if you're not using two
                        devices. You don't have to use it on two devices.

                        Joe M.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010

                          From: MCH <mch@...>
                          To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 9:58 PM

                          Sin Doss wrote:
                          > do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

                        • Sylvain Lamarre
                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                            Hi!

                            And if i may add, on my side I really like the ability to listen to my scanner (connected to a Jabra 210) *and* have the audio interrupted by an incoming call on my cell and have my BT ear-mic switch to the call, and go back to scanner audio as soon as the call ends!

                            -Sylvain (via iPhone)

                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                              Yes.

                              Joe M.