any bluetooth wireless device that will work with the 396xt

  • sin
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 31, 2010
      is there a bluetooth wireless device that i can just put in my ear like the ones used on cell phones that will work with my 396xt, plz help. Thank you
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
        Yes. Any of them.

        What you will need is a Bluetooth audio adapter such as the Jabra A120S
        that will plug into your XT and send the audio on Bluetooth to your BT
        earbud.

        Joe M.

        sin wrote:
        > is there a bluetooth wireless device that i can just put in my ear like the ones used on cell phones that will work with my 396xt, plz help. Thank you
      • Rich Carlson
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
          Since the BCD396XT does not have a built0in Bluetooth transceiver you
          would need to use a unit that has the transceiver that connects to the
          earphone jack. RadioShack or cell phone stores might have them, you
          can use almost any set that has the proper connector to the 396's
          earphone jack.

          --
          Rich Carlson, N9JIG
        • Sin Doss
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
            are you saying that any bluetooth unit that will connect to the 396 would work from bluetooth, are you talking about an adapter

            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 1, 2010
              if i get jabra, can i use any bluetooth earplug, or is there a certain one to use with the jabra 120?

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                You would be able to use any that supports Bluetooth. IOW, if it's
                Bluetooth, it should work.

                Joe M.

                Sin Doss wrote:
                > if i get jabra, can i use any bluetooth earplug, or is there a certain one to use with the jabra 120?

              • John Crowe
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                  I use the Plantronics BackBeat Bluetooth 906.Wireless stereo headphiones It
                  comes with an adapter that you can easily velcro to the back of the 396.
                  Can also take phone calls, and unlike some other headsets, the calls audio are
                  binaural.

                  http://www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/mobile/bluetooth-headsets/backbeat-906

                • Sin Doss
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                    JOHN. i AM LOOKING FOR JUST AN EARPIECE LIKE THE BLUETOOTH , JUST A SINGLE WIRELESS EARPIECE TO MONITOR THE RADIO, LIKE THE ONE PEOPLE USE ON CELL PHONES, ANY SUGGESTIONS

                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                      WOULD I HAVE TO GET A BLUETOOTH ADAPTER, OR JABRA ADAPTER

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 2, 2010
                        Yes, as the scanner does not support BT by itself.

                        Jabra is one popular adapter. There are others - such as the Plantronics
                        one that was mentioned.

                        But, you need:

                        1. An adapter to convert the audio then transmit it in BT format and
                        2. A BT headset/earbud to receive it and convert it back to analog audio.

                        Joe M.

                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                          do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

                          Message 12 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                            The adapter I use is a Jabra A120s.

                            The earbud is a Jabra BT530.

                            BUT, the above is for use with two devices (namely my scanner and my phone).

                            I used to use an A210 adapter (which requires a 3.5 to 2.5mm adapter
                            available at Radio Shack) and a BT160 (not sure of the number - maybe
                            BT150). The reason I switched, again, is so I can use one BT earbud with
                            both devices. It is also nice not needing the 3.5/2.5mm adapter, too.

                            I'm sure others will give you other options, too. Just about any BT
                            earbud will work.

                            Joe M.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                              BTW, the A120s/BT530 combo will work even if you're not using two
                              devices. You don't have to use it on two devices.

                              Joe M.

                              Message 14 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010

                                From: MCH <mch@...>
                                To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Wednesday, November 3, 2010, 9:58 PM

                                Sin Doss wrote:
                                > do you know of the model numbers of the adapter and ear bud that i can buy

                              • Sylvain Lamarre
                                Message 15 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                                  Hi!

                                  And if i may add, on my side I really like the ability to listen to my scanner (connected to a Jabra 210) *and* have the audio interrupted by an incoming call on my cell and have my BT ear-mic switch to the call, and go back to scanner audio as soon as the call ends!

                                  -Sylvain (via iPhone)

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Nov 3, 2010
                                    Yes.

                                    Joe M.