Re: Identifying a newly formed digital system

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 23, 2010
      I was trying that with both Close Call and a custom search in the vicinity of the one known frequency but no luck yet. The traffic is sporadic. I'll just have to keep trying and see if I can figure it out. The Pro96Com software is probably what I was thinking about when I was trying to figure out how to identify the system.

      --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, JETorres <torres.jet@...> wrote:

      > Have you tried doing a Search up or down from the frequency you know and see if it stops on another one that displays a "DAT" symbol? Once you find a control channel, then you could use the Pro96Com program to find out more about the system, if it's trunked.
      >
      > Either way it sounds like you'll have to employ the good old fashioned ways of patience and frequency searching.
      >

      > On Oct 22, 2010, at 10:03 AM, "Alex" <agcme2002@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Is there a way to use the XT (perhaps in combination with something else) to identify the system especially things like the control channel (if one exists) or system type?

    • Alex
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 23, 2010