Re: [BCD396XT] LTR in Chicago Area

  • johnstark
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 6, 2009
      It's not just "my area", even traveling around I have seen the number of LTR
      systems drop. One area has gone from 25 to ZERO LTR systems in the past 10
      years. One went to Provoice, 7 to EDACs wide, 4 are out of business and the
      rest all went Motorola. Another area I go to regilarly has a grand total of
      1 LTR system that serves that county and another out of 7 counties in the
      area and thats a business only service as the above 25 were too.

      Simply put if your going to design a scanner your not going to add
      something that is 1: old and outdated 2: readily available on other scanners
      3: losing more systems than they are installing 4: it would have to be cost
      effective and I could go on, but the fact is that from a business standpoint
      it wouldn't meet my requirements for inclusion in a new scanner, in fact I'd
      probably skip it altogether if it were LTR related..