quick keys

  • David
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22 7:17 AM
      I have just received a bcd396xt scanner and previously had a GRE500.
      On the GRE500 I was able to have a favorite list so when our fire dept. went out I could just hit the fav button on the scanner and it would just broadcast these frequencies, instead of all the different counties.
      I would like some instructions on assigning keys to lock out counties that I don't want to listen to and also assign quick keys to just listen to our fire depts.
      I could upload the file that I have created if that would help.
      I am going through PA. this weekend and would like to get this scanner set up before then.
      Thanks,
      Dave Turner
    • Uniden UPMan
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 22 7:57 AM
        Check out:
        http://www.grove-ent.com/SCANNERPROGRAMMING.htm
        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/UsingQuickKeysStartupKeysAndSearchKeys

        http://info.uniden.com/twiki/bin/view/UnidenMan4/QuickKeys#Programming_Quick_Keys

         UPMan

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 22 12:10 PM
          Just create a new local system tailored to your need, assign it to a SQK, then "HOLD" on the hold button for a beep and it will scan only that SQK...I have my local PD-FD in three different SQK's each different to my needs...396XT=one EXCELLENT scanner.....

          --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "David" <daveturner80@...> wrote:

          > I have just received a bcd396xt scanner and previously had a GRE500.
          > On the GRE500 I was able to have a favorite list so when our fire dept. went out I could just hit the fav button on the scanner and it would just broadcast these frequencies, instead of all the different counties.
          > I would like some instructions on assigning keys to lock out counties that I don't want to listen to and also assign quick keys to just listen to our fire depts.
          > I could upload the file that I have created if that would help.
          > I am going through PA. this weekend and would like to get this scanner set up before then.
          > Thanks,
          > Dave Turner

        • Richard Victor
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 22 1:57 PM
            Since one can assign more than one system or site to a particular SQK,
            it may be worth noting that a long press of the "Hold" key results in a
            System Hold which will cause the scanner to remain on a single system
            or, in the case of a trunked system, a single site rather than a single
            SQK. The display will show "HOLD" flashing to indicate that it's a
            System Hold rather than a Scan Hold (single channel). A second long
            press of the "Hold" key will release the System Hold.

            If you press the Function key while in System Hold, you can use the
            Scroll Knob to change the system or site on which you're holding.

            Dick

            On 9/22/2010 2:10 PM, dataman60435 wrote:
            > Just create a new local system tailored to your need, assign it to a SQK, then "HOLD" on the hold button for a beep and it will scan only that SQK...I have my local PD-FD in three different SQK's each different to my needs...396XT=one EXCELLENT scanner.....
            >
            > --- In BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com, "David"<daveturner80@...> wrote:
            >> I have just received a bcd396xt scanner and previously had a GRE500.
            >> On the GRE500 I was able to have a favorite list so when our fire dept. went out I could just hit the fav button on the scanner and it would just broadcast these frequencies, instead of all the different counties.
            >> I would like some instructions on assigning keys to lock out counties that I don't want to listen to and also assign quick keys to just listen to our fire depts.
            >> I could upload the file that I have created if that would help.
            >> I am going through PA. this weekend and would like to get this scanner set up before then.
            >> Thanks,
            >> Dave Turner

          • Michael Hopkins
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 27 5:23 PM
              Excellent information --- I missed the "long press hold" completely. Now I
              use if frequently..

              Michael