RE: [BCD396XT] uhf trunking

  • J Harrell
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
      Joe,

      Thanks for responding. Yes I have checked radio reference and it is not
      listed there. I will do some research on this and see what I can come up
      with. I was thinking if you plug program in just the control channel the
      radio could take the information from it and be able to trunk the system.
      That is how I have a couple of the 800mhz towers around me and it seems to
      work fine. Maybe it is different. Oh well off to learn more.

      Thanks,

      Joey

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
        If this is a P25 system, download the program PRO96COM, connect it to
        your scanner, enable the Control Channel Download, then run the program.
        I'm pretty sure it will give you the info you need.

        Joe M.

      • Clayton
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 22, 2010
          If it's a true P25 system, all that's needed are the control channels. If
          it's a type 2 Motorola with digital or analog voice, then the bandplan must
          be programmed. There are some common plans that provide a good starting
          place.

          Clayton