Re: [BCD396XT] uhf trunking

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 20, 2010
      I will give you an example for an XT scanner

      <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo&siteId=17341>
      Custom Frequency Tables
      Base   Spacing   Offset
      406.0000   12.5   380

      You would add this system like this in the XT:
      Band Plan > Custom > Band Plan 1 > Set Base Freq
      Input Lower 406.0000 > Eyes key
      Input Upper 420.0000 > EYes key
      Set Offset > 380 > polarity + > EYes key
      Set Spacing > 12.50kHz > EYes key

      System Frequencies
      406.61250c 406.81250c 407.05000c 408.01250c 409.41250 409.81250

      --
      Best Regards, Keith
      http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
    • J Harrell
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2010
        I have a crazy question in reference to this. What if you do not know what
        the band plan is for the system that you want to monitor. For example there
        is a site not to far from me that is in the 406mhz range and the only
        frequency I know is the control channel, plus it changes from time to time.
        Just wondering how do you go about this?

        Thanks,

        Joey

        <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net> > wrote:

        > You need to program in the frequencies and the band plan for the trunked
        > system. The band plan allows the scanner to follow the system.
        >

        > On 9/19/10 6:24 PM, "sin" <sdoss19@... <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com>
        > wrote:
        >
        >> how to program a uhf trunking system (406 to 420mz) in my 396xt, i have
        no
        >> problem with 800mz, but when i program a uhf system, i do not hear
        anything,
        >> this sysyem is a motoral type11 smartzone
        >>

        > --
        > Best Regards, Keith
        > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

        --
        Best Regards, Keith
        http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

        _____

        avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Inbound message clean.

        Virus Database (VPS): 9/20/2010
        Tested on: 9/20/2010 4:10:50 PM

        _____

        Virus Database (VPS): 9/20/2010
        Tested on: 9/20/2010 5:40:21 PM

        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
          You're out of luck.

          There are programs that may help you determine the bandplan. Or at least
          Excel sheets that will help find them. Did you check RadioReference?

          Joe M.

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
            Joe,

            Thanks for responding. Yes I have checked radio reference and it is not
            listed there. I will do some research on this and see what I can come up
            with. I was thinking if you plug program in just the control channel the
            radio could take the information from it and be able to trunk the system.
            That is how I have a couple of the 800mhz towers around me and it seems to
            work fine. Maybe it is different. Oh well off to learn more.

            Thanks,

            Joey

            J Harrell wrote:
            > I have a crazy question in reference to this. What if you do not know what
            > the band plan is for the system that you want to monitor. For example
            there
            > is a site not to far from me that is in the 406mhz range and the only
            > frequency I know is the control channel, plus it changes from time to
            time.
            > Just wondering how do you go about this?
            >

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Joey
            >

            > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
            Behalf
            > Of Keith
            > Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 4:08 PM
            > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] uhf trunking
            >

            > I will give you an example for an XT scanner
            >
            > <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo
            > <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo
            <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo&siteId=17341>
            &siteId=17341>
            > &siteId=17341>
            > Custom Frequency Tables
            > Base Spacing Offset
            > 406.0000 12.5 380
            >
            > You would add this system like this in the XT:
            > Band Plan > Custom > Band Plan 1 > Set Base Freq
            > Input Lower 406.0000 > Eyes key
            > Input Upper 420.0000 > EYes key
            > Set Offset > 380 > polarity + > EYes key
            > Set Spacing > 12.50kHz > EYes key
            >
            > System Frequencies
            > 406.61250c 406.81250c 407.05000c 408.01250c 409.41250 409.81250
            >
            > On 9/20/10 12:47 PM, "Keith" <kilowattradio@...
            <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net>
            > <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net> > wrote:
            >
            >> You need to program in the frequencies and the band plan for the trunked
            >> system. The band plan allows the scanner to follow the system.
            >>

            >> On 9/19/10 6:24 PM, "sin" <sdoss19@... <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com>
            <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com>
            >> wrote:
            >>
            >>> how to program a uhf trunking system (406 to 420mz) in my 396xt, i have
            > no
            >>> problem with 800mz, but when i program a uhf system, i do not hear
            > anything,
            >>> this sysyem is a motoral type11 smartzone
            >>>
            >> --
            >> Best Regards, Keith
            >> http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

            _____

            avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Inbound message clean.

            Virus Database (VPS): 9/21/2010
            Tested on: 9/21/2010 7:37:15 AM

            _____

            Virus Database (VPS): 9/21/2010
            Tested on: 9/21/2010 7:42:14 AM

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
              If this is a P25 system, download the program PRO96COM, connect it to
              your scanner, enable the Control Channel Download, then run the program.
              I'm pretty sure it will give you the info you need.

              Joe M.

            • Clayton
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 22, 2010
                If it's a true P25 system, all that's needed are the control channels. If
                it's a type 2 Motorola with digital or analog voice, then the bandplan must
                be programmed. There are some common plans that provide a good starting
                place.

                Clayton

                J Harrell wrote:
> [...]
                &siteId=17341>
                > &siteId=17341>
                >> &siteId=17341>
                >> Custom Frequency Tables
                >> Base Spacing Offset
                >> 406.0000 12.5 380
                >>
                >> You would add this system like this in the XT:
                >> Band Plan > Custom > Band Plan 1 > Set Base Freq
                >> Input Lower 406.0000 > Eyes key
                >> Input Upper 420.0000 > EYes key
                >> Set Offset > 380 > polarity + > EYes key
                >> Set Spacing > 12.50kHz > EYes key
                >>
                >> System Frequencies
                >> 406.61250c 406.81250c 407.05000c 408.01250c 409.41250 409.81250
                >>
                >> On 9/20/10 12:47 PM, "Keith" <kilowattradio@...
                <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net>
                > <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net>
                >> <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net> > wrote:
                >>
                >>> You need to program in the frequencies and the band plan for the trunked
                >>> system. The band plan allows the scanner to follow the system.

                <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com> <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com>