uhf trunking

  • sin
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 19, 2010
      how to program a uhf trunking system (406 to 420mz) in my 396xt, i have no problem with 800mz, but when i program a uhf system, i do not hear anything, this sysyem is a motoral type11 smartzone
    • Keith
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 20, 2010
        You need to program in the frequencies and the band plan for the trunked
        system. The band plan allows the scanner to follow the system.

        --
        Best Regards, Keith
        http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 20, 2010
          I will give you an example for an XT scanner

          <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo&siteId=17341>
          Custom Frequency Tables
          Base   Spacing   Offset
          406.0000   12.5   380

          You would add this system like this in the XT:
          Band Plan > Custom > Band Plan 1 > Set Base Freq
          Input Lower 406.0000 > Eyes key
          Input Upper 420.0000 > EYes key
          Set Offset > 380 > polarity + > EYes key
          Set Spacing > 12.50kHz > EYes key

          System Frequencies
          406.61250c 406.81250c 407.05000c 408.01250c 409.41250 409.81250

          On 9/20/10 12:47 PM, "Keith" <kilowattradio@...> wrote:

          > You need to program in the frequencies and the band plan for the trunked
          > system. The band plan allows the scanner to follow the system.
          >

          > On 9/19/10 6:24 PM, "sin" <sdoss19@...> wrote:
          >
          >> how to program a uhf trunking system (406 to 420mz) in my 396xt, i have no
          >> problem with 800mz, but when i program a uhf system, i do not hear anything,
          >> this sysyem is a motoral type11 smartzone
          >>

          > --
          > Best Regards, Keith
          > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

          --
          Best Regards, Keith
          http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/
        • J Harrell
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 20, 2010
            I have a crazy question in reference to this. What if you do not know what
            the band plan is for the system that you want to monitor. For example there
            is a site not to far from me that is in the 406mhz range and the only
            frequency I know is the control channel, plus it changes from time to time.
            Just wondering how do you go about this?

            Thanks,

            Joey

            <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net> > wrote:

            > You need to program in the frequencies and the band plan for the trunked
            > system. The band plan allows the scanner to follow the system.
            >

            > On 9/19/10 6:24 PM, "sin" <sdoss19@... <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com>
            > wrote:
            >
            >> how to program a uhf trunking system (406 to 420mz) in my 396xt, i have
            no
            >> problem with 800mz, but when i program a uhf system, i do not hear
            anything,
            >> this sysyem is a motoral type11 smartzone
            >>

            > --
            > Best Regards, Keith
            > http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

            --
            Best Regards, Keith
            http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

            _____

            avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Inbound message clean.

            Virus Database (VPS): 9/20/2010
            Tested on: 9/20/2010 4:10:50 PM

            _____

            Virus Database (VPS): 9/20/2010
            Tested on: 9/20/2010 5:40:21 PM

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
              You're out of luck.

              There are programs that may help you determine the bandplan. Or at least
              Excel sheets that will help find them. Did you check RadioReference?

              Joe M.

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
                Joe,

                Thanks for responding. Yes I have checked radio reference and it is not
                listed there. I will do some research on this and see what I can come up
                with. I was thinking if you plug program in just the control channel the
                radio could take the information from it and be able to trunk the system.
                That is how I have a couple of the 800mhz towers around me and it seems to
                work fine. Maybe it is different. Oh well off to learn more.

                Thanks,

                Joey

                J Harrell wrote:
                > I have a crazy question in reference to this. What if you do not know what
                > the band plan is for the system that you want to monitor. For example
                there
                > is a site not to far from me that is in the 406mhz range and the only
                > frequency I know is the control channel, plus it changes from time to
                time.
                > Just wondering how do you go about this?
                >

                > Thanks,
                >
                > Joey
                >

                > From: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                Behalf
                > Of Keith
                > Sent: Monday, September 20, 2010 4:08 PM
                > To: BCD396XT@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BCD396XT%40yahoogroups.com>
                > Subject: Re: [BCD396XT] uhf trunking
                >

                > I will give you an example for an XT scanner
                >
                > <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo
                > <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo
                <http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?action=siteInfo&siteId=17341>
                &siteId=17341>
                > &siteId=17341>
                > Custom Frequency Tables
                > Base Spacing Offset
                > 406.0000 12.5 380
                >
                > You would add this system like this in the XT:
                > Band Plan > Custom > Band Plan 1 > Set Base Freq
                > Input Lower 406.0000 > Eyes key
                > Input Upper 420.0000 > EYes key
                > Set Offset > 380 > polarity + > EYes key
                > Set Spacing > 12.50kHz > EYes key
                >
                > System Frequencies
                > 406.61250c 406.81250c 407.05000c 408.01250c 409.41250 409.81250
                >
                > On 9/20/10 12:47 PM, "Keith" <kilowattradio@...
                <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net>
                > <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net> > wrote:
                >
                >> You need to program in the frequencies and the band plan for the trunked
                >> system. The band plan allows the scanner to follow the system.
                >>

                >> On 9/19/10 6:24 PM, "sin" <sdoss19@... <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com>
                <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com>
                >> wrote:
                >>
                >>> how to program a uhf trunking system (406 to 420mz) in my 396xt, i have
                > no
                >>> problem with 800mz, but when i program a uhf system, i do not hear
                > anything,
                >>> this sysyem is a motoral type11 smartzone
                >>>
                >> --
                >> Best Regards, Keith
                >> http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/

                _____

                avast! Antivirus <http://www.avast.com> : Inbound message clean.

                Virus Database (VPS): 9/21/2010
                Tested on: 9/21/2010 7:37:15 AM

                _____

                Virus Database (VPS): 9/21/2010
                Tested on: 9/21/2010 7:42:14 AM

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 21, 2010
                  If this is a P25 system, download the program PRO96COM, connect it to
                  your scanner, enable the Control Channel Download, then run the program.
                  I'm pretty sure it will give you the info you need.

                  Joe M.

                • Clayton
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 22, 2010
                    If it's a true P25 system, all that's needed are the control channels. If
                    it's a type 2 Motorola with digital or analog voice, then the bandplan must
                    be programmed. There are some common plans that provide a good starting
                    place.

                    Clayton

                    J Harrell wrote:
> [...]
                    &siteId=17341>
                    > &siteId=17341>
                    >> &siteId=17341>
                    >> Custom Frequency Tables
                    >> Base Spacing Offset
                    >> 406.0000 12.5 380
                    >>
                    >> You would add this system like this in the XT:
                    >> Band Plan > Custom > Band Plan 1 > Set Base Freq
                    >> Input Lower 406.0000 > Eyes key
                    >> Input Upper 420.0000 > EYes key
                    >> Set Offset > 380 > polarity + > EYes key
                    >> Set Spacing > 12.50kHz > EYes key
                    >>
                    >> System Frequencies
                    >> 406.61250c 406.81250c 407.05000c 408.01250c 409.41250 409.81250
                    >>
                    >> On 9/20/10 12:47 PM, "Keith" <kilowattradio@...
                    <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net>
                    > <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net>
                    >> <mailto:kilowattradio%40comcast.net> > wrote:
                    >>
                    >>> You need to program in the frequencies and the band plan for the trunked
                    >>> system. The band plan allows the scanner to follow the system.

                    <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com> <mailto:sdoss19%40yahoo.com>