Re: [BCD396XT] BCD396XT Scanning Operation

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2010
      If I'm not mistaken, the 600 could be set up to scan all sites all the
      time, or to "Roam" - using only the single site with generally the best
      signal.

      Di you have all your sites programmed in the same System, just
      programmed as separate Sites, or do you have each site programmed as a
      separate System? You should have the former, not the latter.

      Also make sure you only have the control channels for each site
      programmed in each Site (note the caps use here - Site is a scanner
      item, while site is a generic term for location).

      How many sites are within range at the times you are talking about? You
      should only have two or three within range. Sites that have no activity
      should be scanned and complete within a few milliseconds.

      Your best solution would be to use a GPS and enable that on each site.
      That way you will only ever have two or three scanned at any given time.

      You can also program each Site with a different SQK (System Quick Key)
      and enable/disable them manually as you travel.

      Joe M.

      skycom291980 wrote:
      > Group,
      >
      > Please help me with some feedback on the scanning operation of this radio. I have everything set at default values and programmed my scanner with 5 conventional frequencies and starcom21 for district 11, 12, 13 illinois state police. To me it seems that when i select all the towers in my area i miss alot or to me it takes to long to go through all the sites to pick up the trunking systems. I use to have a PSR-600 and i never noticed anything like this on that scanner and it seemed to go through all the sites pretty fast but it seems different on this scanner. Can i please get some help or feedback on the best way to make the scanning the fastest. I travel around alot in southern ilinois and use about 75 percent of the towers in southern illinois. I had like 12 sites programmed in my PSR600 and it worked great but it just doesnt seem to operate as good on this scanner. I eventually took out all the sites in my scaner except 2 of them and its alot better but i need alo
      t m
      > ore tower sites than that due to my traveling area.
      >

      > Thanks
      >
      > Dean Meredith

    • johnstark
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2010
        The 600 has an option to "roam" or not, but with some systems it's best not
        to use roam. Systems such as STARCOM though should work well with roam on.
        At times I wish Uniden had a similar feature.