Kudos and Question

  • Jeffry Rehm
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 21, 2010
      I want to again thank Mark for all his hard work on the easier to read manual for the 396XT. Great job.

      Now the question. With the ease of reading through the manual I noticed something that I have never seen before. Under the heading of To Edit Trunking Systems Options there is a sub heading of P25 NAC Option (P25-1Tr only). I do not find this option anywhere on my 396. After the Set Audio AGC in my setting's it scrolls back to the beginning. I even checked the preprogrammed P25 systems and can not find the NAC setting anywhere.

      I would love to use it and set it correctly but unless I can find it I can't use it. Anyone want to help me out with it?

      Who knows I may have more questions in the future.

    • Richard Victor
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 21, 2010
        If you create a new system, select "P25" as the system type, then
        select "One - Freq Trunk", you can then access that setting under the
        "Edit Sys Option" menu. If you select "Standard Trunk" rather than "One
        - Freq Trunk", that setting will not be presented as an option.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 21, 2010
          So if you have a 20,30 or more channel system with multiple (possible) control channels, you don't have that option to chose from?
          If so, why not?

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21, 2010
            As I understand it, a one frequency system isn't really trunking, but
            rather a single frequency system in which the NAC and the TGID are used
            to permit or deny access to particular users of that frequency. In the
            case of a multi-frequency system, the controller assigns a particular
            conversation to a frequency which is accessed based on the TGID and, I
            believe, not normally on the NAC.

            In other words, I don't think it's needed on the multi-frequency trunked
            system.

            If I've got it wrong, I'm sure someone will jump in.

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 22, 2010
              Ahhh That makes sense now. Even after a year of messing with this scanner I am still learning .... ahem .... stuff. Even the easier to read manual takes a little deciphering. I was confused because the NAC stuff was included with the trunking system adjustments.

              Thanks again.